The End Of Life Choices Bill will have profound consequences for our nation and many Christians are concerned that it undermines the sanctity of life and will lead to a shift in attitudes towards an expectation that certain people should be killed so as not to be a burden on society. On the other hand, allowing people to die, rather than suffer, sounds compassionate and sensible.
Submissions on the bill are required by 20 February, so there is not much time and yet the issue is serious. Please do consider making a submission.
Follow the links below for help in understanding the issues and in making a submission.
- Information on the bill and its progress through the process, plus advice on making a submission
- Make an online submission
NZ Christian Network
- General information including links to other useful sites
- Paper submission form
- Instructions for those coordinating several people making submissions
- A guide for writing a submission
- Family First’s website dedicated to this issue with lots of resources about what is happening overseas etc