The Abortion Legislation Bill has passed its first reading with a vote of 94 to 23. It is time for all of those who care about the most vulnerable in our society to speak up on their behalf. We cannot be silent in the face of such evil.
Please take action. These resources are to help you.
Key New Zealand Websites
- Choose Life
- Family First
- Life TV (Youtube channel so lots of videos)
- Love The Both (part of the Choose Life site)
- Pro-Life – NZ’s youth-led university pro-life organisation
- Right To Life
- Voice For Life
- Abortion Regret – the stories of real women who have had abortions.
- The Buttons Project
What is it all about? What are the facts?
- Abortion statistics for 2018
- The Voice For Life abortion page, including their Frequently Asked Questions page
- Abortion Law In NZ Q&A
- 9 Major Flaws In Labour’s Abortion Bill
- How did our MPs vote in the first reading?
“Facts” are not always facts. This is a contentious issue and a person’s views on abortion affect what they see to be facts. For example…
- This article, written by a pro-life scientific organisation, says that the in utero baby can feel pain at 20 weeks or even earlier.
- This article says that a foetus cannot feel pain at 20 weeks and not until after 27 weeks. But note that the information here comes from an abortion provider.
- Here is a Stuff article that purports to separate the facts from the fiction. It present a much more abortion-friendly view.
What can I do?
Please remember that in all communication you must be respectful and credible. You might feel angry but do not use abusive or inflamatory language.
Ensure your points are well-researched and well-thought out.
Some of the resources below have guidelines on how to communicate well.
Praying might be the most pwoerful thing we can do. If God moves there is no limit to what he can do.
But do not just pray. God is expecting His people to stand up and be counted.
Sign a petition
Write to your MP and other MPs
To email individual MPs or even all MPs in a particular party click here.
Make a submission
The final date for submissions is 19 September 2019. Make an online submission here.
Alternatively, you can type up and post a submission. The guide below will tell you what is required.
Emailed submissions are not permitted.
Family First’s submission guide contans all you need: facts about the current and proposed laws, suggestions for responding to the common arguments, how to make a submission. The same information is available online here.
Give to those organisations fighting this
See the organisations whose websites are listed above.
Write a letter to the editor
Talk to your friends
Do not be shy about standing up for the unborn child. Now is the time to stand up for what is right.
Talk about the issues. People may be woefully uninformed about what all this really means.
Use your social media.